A better way to manually assemble almost anything
Sigma offers many features to help eliminate errors and drive productivity:
- Computerized step-by-step work instructions, images and videos are displayed to the operator.
- Optional motorised carousels automatically present the correct component or tool.
- LED indicators highlight the exact storage bin location.
- Supporting documentation is easily displayed.
- Data inputs such as measurement readings can be recorded at any step.
- External inputs can conditionally alter the assembly procedure.
- Data signals can be output at any step to drive external tools or machinery
Lean manufacturing for PCB hand assembly
Three key Mascot features help to eliminate errors and drive productivity:
- Computerized step-by-step work instructions are displayed to the operator.
- Motorized carousels automatically present the correct component.
- A laser highlights the exact location on the board.
It’s an assured process that makes PCB hand assembly fast, consistent and easy.
Mascot also provides images of components, parts or subassemblies for improved process clarity, and videos to walk the operator through assembly procedures. Each Mascot station can accommodate up to 376 different components – enough capacity for the largest of boards, or for several different boards with no set up or changeover delays. Motorized carousels present the operator with the right component at every step. The innovative eye-safe laser indicator even highlights the correct component orientation, leaving absolutely nothing to chance